Rose Parade Awards 2017: Every year, after the Rose Parade takes place, awards and trophies are presented to these flower-decorated floats in a variety of categories and specifications.
There are around twenty three or twenty four awards presented each year.
A three-member judging panel, composed of civic and floral industry leaders, is appointed by the Tournament of Roses Judging Committee to evaluate the floats within a range of classifications.
Scores are given to all floats for all award categories based on criteria such as creative design, floral craftsmanship, artistic merit, computerized animation, thematic interpretation, floral and color presentation, and dramatic impact.
The 128th annual Rose Parade took place on January 2, 2017. I am sure you all might be eager to know the names of Winners of Rose Parade 2017 Awards….
Below you can see Rose Parade 2017 Float Winners.
Rose Parade 2017 Float Winners :
- SWEEPSTAKES TROPHY (for most beautiful entry in the parade) – Dole Packaged Foods, “Spirit of Hawaii.”
- LATHROP K. LEISHMAN TROPHY (for most beautiful non-commercial float) – AIDS Healthcare Foundation, “To Honor And Remember Orlando.”
- GRAND MARSHAL’S TROPHY (for excellence in creative concept and design) – Farmers Insurance, “We Came, We Saw, We Covered.”
- PAST PRESIDENT’S TROPHY (for creative design and use of floral and non-floral materials) – American Armenian Rose Float Association, “Field Of Dreams!”
- DIRECTOR’S TROPHY (for outstanding artistic merit in design and floral presentation) – “Western Asset Management Company, “Prosperity In the Wild.”
- QUEEN’S TROPHY (for use and display of roses in concept, design and presentation) – Miracle- Gro, “Everything’s Coming Up Roses.”
- MAYOR’S TROPHY (for most outstanding national or international entry) – City of Sierra Madre, “The Cat’s Away.”
- THEME TROPHY (for excellence in presenting parade theme) – Donate Life, “Teammates In Life.”
- NATIONAL TROPHY (for best depiction of life in the U.S.) – Ragu Pasta Sauce, “Simmered In Tradition.”
- GOVERNOR’S TROPHY (for best depiction of life in California) – Downey Rose Float Association, “The Gold Rush.”
- BOB HOPE HUMOR TROPHY – Flintridge Tournament of Roses Association, “Backyard Rocketeer.”
- JUDGE’S SPECIAL TROPHY (for spectacular showmanship and dramatic impact) – Union Bank and the American Heart Association, Western States Affiliate, “Keep The Beat Alive.”
- FANTASY TROPHY (for outstanding display of fantasy and imagination) – BDK, A Singpoli Affiliate, “The Monkey King: Journey To Success.”
- FOUNDERS’ TROPHY (for most beautiful float decorated by volunteers) – Cal Poly Universities, “A New Leaf.”
- INTERNATIONAL TROPHY (for a float from outside the U.S.) – China Airlines, “Return To the Beauty of Taiwan.”
- PRINCESS’ TROPHY (for most beautiful, 35 feet and shorter) – The Bachelor, “Echoes Of Love.”
- ISABELLA COLEMAN TROPHY (for presentation of color and color harmony through floral use) – The UPS Store Inc., “Books Bring Us Together.”
- TOURNAMENT SPECIAL TROPHY (for merit in multiple classifications) – Trader Joe’s, “All Aboard! 50 years Of Serving The Best …”
- TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEERS’ TROPHY (for best floral design, 35 feet and shorter) – Torrance Rose Float Association, “Be Your Own Knight.”
- CRAFTSMAN TROPHY (for exceptional achievement in showmanship, floats longer than 55 feet) – Netflix,”Soar Beyond Imagination.”
- EXTRAORDINAIRE TROPHY (for most spectacular float) – Lucy Pet, “Lucy Pet’s Gnarly Crankin’ K-9 Wave Maker.”
- CROWN CITY INNOVATION TROPHY (for use of imagination and innovation to advance the “art of float design”) – 24-Hour Fitness, “Do More With Your 24.”
Congratulations to all winners !!!