Apart from the flower decorated floats and equestrian units, the Rose Parade also features a fleet of marching bans that march along the 5 1/2 mile Route.
It was way back in 1891 when the first marching band, the Monrovia Town Band appeared in Rose Parade. At that time the marching band had less than 20 members.
Today, most of the marching bands participating in the Rose Parade have more than 300 members.
Many of the nation’s top high school marching bands, along with college and organizational marching bands participate in Rose Parade.
Marching Bands are selected approximately 15 months in advance to give the selected groups time to raise the money needed for the trip to Pasadena.
I am sure you are searching for names of Rose Parade 2018 Marching Bands.
Rose Parade 2018 Marching Bands :
The named of 20 of the 22 marching bands participating in the Rose Parade 2018 have been announced.
Apart from United States, marching bands from Japan and Mexico will also participate in the 128th Rose Parade, themed “Making a Difference.”
The two marching bands not yet announced will be from the universities competing in the Rose Bowl Game 2018. They will be added to the Lineup of Rose Parade 2018 Marching Bands when those schools are determined.
Lineup of Rose Parade 2018 Marching Bands :
- Air Academy High School – Air Academy High School Marching Band (USAF Academy, CO)
- Albertville High School – Albertville High School “Aggie” Band (Albertville, AL)
- Australia’s Marching Koalas (Dangar, New South Wales, Australia)
- Banda De Música Herberto López – Colegio José Daniel Crespo (Chitré, Herrera, Republic of Panamá)
- City of Burlington – Burlington Teen Tour Band (Burlington, Ontario, Canada)
- Homestead High School – Homestead High School Mighty Mustang Marching Band (Cupertino, CA)
- Kyoto Tachibana High School – Kyoto Tachibana High School Green Band (Kyoto, Japan)
- Los Angeles Unified School District – All District High School Honor Band (Los Angeles, CA)
- Lindbergh High School – Lindbergh “Spirit of St. Louis” Marching Band (St. Louis, MO)
- Londonderry High School – Londonderry High School Marching Band & Color Guard (Londonderry, NH)
- Louisburg High School – Louisburg High School Marching Wildcat Band (Louisburg, KS)
- Pasadena City College Tournament of Roses Honor Band & Herald Trumpets (Pasadena, CA)
- Pennsbury High School – Pennsbury High School “Long Orange Line” Marching Band (Fairless Hills, PA)
- Ronald Reagan High School – Ronald Reagan High School Band (San Antonio, TX)
- Santiago High School – The BOSS (Bands of Santiago Sharks) (Corona, CA)
- The Salvation Army Tournament of Roses Band (Los Angeles, CA)
- “The Commandant’s Own” The United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps (Washington, DC)
- United States Marine Corps West Coast Composite Band (MCAS Miramar, MCRD San Diego and Camp Pendleton, CA)
- University of Massachusetts – University of Massachusetts Minuteman Marching Band (Amherst, MA)
- Westlake High School – Westlake High School Marching Thunder (Saratoga Springs, UT)
These Selected units must demonstrate outstanding musicianship, marching ability and entertainment or special interest value during Rose Parade 2018 on Monday, 1st January 2018.